Sunday, October 23, 2011

Emerging Novelists and other interviews

Thanks to Jeana, Emerging Novelists has posted an interview with me as well as background information about Jambalaya Justice. The site is at http://emergingnovelists.com/ and the interview is at http://emergingnovelists.com/Interviews.html.

Every time I do an interview, I wonder what information I should include. Obviously, I want to include things readers might find interesting about me, and those things that might make a reader want to take a look at one of my books. But there's always that hesitancy about how much personal information to include.

Some things to stay away from are obvious, such as no names of my kids or my pets, address and phone number off limits, school names and direct employers name avoided, but there are other things that are not quite as clear cut.

I try to include things I consider public record, such as things people could find out about me anyway. While I clearly want to avoid drawing the interest of stalkers and serial killers, especially because I write about stalkers and serial killers, I also want to spice up my background a little to seem interesting enough that someone might want to know what I write about.

Holli Castillo
www.jambalayajustice.com

2 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Good advice, Holli.

Marilyn

Patricia Gligor said...

Holli,
I know exactly what you mean about the difference between creating a public profile and maintaining a private life. I too write about stalkers and serial killers and I've had those same concerns. I guess it's a fine line we walk.