Wednesday, November 9, 2011

guesting with our Marilyn Meredith


Today on Marilyn's always interesting blog, http://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com/, I write about the "inspiration" for my new book, CLOSE-UP. I know inspiration is an amorphous word meaning almost anything to anybody, but I went back over my other eight standalone mysteries in my Margot & Max series, and I realized that each story had it's OWN story of why I decided to devote all that time to it!

For CLOSE-UP, I was privy to a backstage conversation between a director of photography and the makeup artist on a shoot for I forget what, probably a TV commercial. What I heard between these two production professionals was interesting to say the least. Out of context conversations always seem curious to me. They can lead to misinterpretation and misunderstandings or in this case, the couple of sentences I overheard led me to write 75,000 more words!

Thanks, Marilyn, for letting me describe how it happened!

Kit
www.kitsloane.net

2 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I'm always happy to have you visit my blog, Kit! Hoping we have the opportunity to get together for a glass of wine and a few giggles before too long.

Tuxedo for men said...

Hi there. I found your blog by the use of Google whilst searching for a comparable subject, your site came up. It looks great. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks to visit later.