Thursday, December 29, 2011

the "famous" poem about booksignings!

To illustrate that we are not alone out there!

And, since this gem dates back, way back, I'm sure some of you haven't read it. Written by English author Rhys Bowen, the internationally known mystery writer (we should be so rich and famous!), it says it all and always makes me laugh:

"If only you'd come yesterday.
I'm sorry no one's here.
It's always slow on Saturdays
and at this time of year.

Too bad tomorrow's Father's Day
and everyone's out shopping.
Too bad the heat is so intense
that everyone is dropping.

I wish you'd come on Friday night,
it's always such a lark.
We had a line around the block
for Mary Higgins Clark.

I'm sorry that it's been so flat.
Let's take a picture with the cat!

Rhys Bowen (who has been there and done that)"

Now, from me: Good luck to all of us and a very Happy New Year!

Kit
www.kitsloane.net

7 comments:

Sarah Allen said...

Great poem :) Made me smile.

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Yep, that's the way it is!

Marilyn

cheap essays said...

So interesting post! Thanks a lot.

maldives honeymoon packages said...

It is a nice post.thank you.

dissertation proposal said...

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. I also found your posts very interesting.

research paper for sale said...

Thanks for the article. Very interesting.

help with dissertation writing said...

Blogs are so interactive where we get lots of informative on any topics...... nice job keep it up !!