Thursday, December 22, 2011

My OTP Books and Holiday Greetings

My Oak Tree Press books on display at a book fest--though I'm not exactly sure which one it is, I did so many last year. I went wherever we didn't have to drive too far and didn't cost too much.

One thing abut any kind of book or craft fair, you never really know how it's going to go, but you're bound to sell a few books if you have a good display, something to attract people to your table, and you get up out of your seat to talk to folks who pause and look.

This is the time of year when we are or should be celebrating with your family and friends whatever holiday you favor. For me, it's Christmas, always has been and always will be.

But keep in the back of your mind, once the holiday season is over,  you should get busy and map out your promotion strategy for 2012.

Merry Christmas to you all, and a Happy and Profitable New Year.

Marilyn aka F. M. Meredith

11 comments:

essay writing service said...

This is ingenious and I love it!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Well, the books didn't show up, so I'll try again.

Marilyn

williamdoonan said...

Love the crime scene tape - nice touch!

William Doonan
www.williamdoonan.com

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I always have crime scene tape on my book table--attracts folks.

Marilyn

Holli said...

Marilyn, once again I can't help but admire you. I'm barely thinking as far as Christmas morning and you're thinking ahead to promotion for next year! You're definitely an inspiration.

Holli Castillo
www.hollicastillo.com
www.jambalayjustice.com

essay writing said...

Great post, I enjoyed ready reading it, Keep posting good stuff like this.

Patricia Gligor said...

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. But, Marilyn, as you wrote, now it's time to get back to business. Did anyone ever really stop?

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Oh, Holli, when I had young kids like yours I was writing PTA newsletters and plays for my Camp Fire Girls. You are remarkable, don't sell yourself short.

Marilyn

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Pat, no, it never stops unless you stop.

JL Greger said...

Marilyn,

Please advise a beginner. What's the first two things I should do in 2012 to advertise my upcoming book?
Thanks.

JL Greger

short wedding dresses 2012 said...

A great presentation. Very open and enlightening.You have attractively presented your concept in this webpage blog post.

Who wrote the sonnet of seaside romance? Guess Shakespeare would feel wordless at the sight of marine motif lace wedding dress. Amber’s beach simple wedding dresses unfold pictures of sea-inspired details like pearl beading, shelly appliqué and metallic embroidery. A profusion of drapes, bubbles, pleating and ruffling echoes to the very physique of the beach and the sea.