Monday, February 6, 2012

Society for Children Book Writers and Illustrators

I just joined the SCBWI with a view toward extending my professional reach to other children book authors and illustrators. I think I've been working in isolation too long. Those of you who have joined other writers groups can appreciate the need for networking and learning from others. Although I am a member of another local writers group, Night Writers, it seems to be geared toward a more general writing population. Hopefully, turning my focus to a children book writer's association may be more productive.

2 comments:

RachelMaryBean said...

The SCBWI is great. I'm so glad I joined.

Beryl Reichenberg said...

I just signed up for a SCBWI workshop in Ventura in March on picture books. It's my first so we'll see how it goes. What kind of books do you write or illustrate?