Friday, March 9, 2012

Meeting my Readers

I met nine energetic children, ages 6 and 7, for a workshop on how to write and illustrate your own story last Wednesday at Whiz Kids, a children's toy store in San Luis Obispo. Talented and enthusiastic , they pitched right in, making their own books, writing and illustrating their own stories. We talked about where story ideas come from, what are the elements of a story (beginning, middle and end), catchy titles and much more. I brought some samples of my own books including "Ants on a Log" which is now carried by Whiz Kids. Three more book making and writing sessions will follow on successive Wednesdays. I look forward to sharing ideas and the love of reading and writing stories with these delightful children. And of course, I look forward to reading what they have written.

1 comment:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

What a great idea! Working with kids is so rewarding.

Marilyn