Friday, March 23, 2012

New Spenser out shortly

I'm still not sure how I feel about this (sorta/kinda like it) but there will be a new Spenser novel out soon. Ace Atkins will be writing the book. The cover will proclaim it as “Robert B. Parker’s Lullaby’’ while billing it as “A Spenser Novel by Ace Atkins.’’

Here's a good article about this that ran in the Boston Globe recently. I'll probably get the book and read it. Interesting if a bit ... well, strange? Weird? What do you think?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/2012/03/22/atkins-for-hire-helps-keep-parker-spenser-case/kFSNECCE2BC5unkcrAVuQJ/story.html

2 comments:

JasonHunt said...

I know - I have mixed feelings about someone picking up where Parker left off. It will be nice to bring Spenser back to life, but it will never truly be Parker's Spenser. I read Poodle Springs, the unfinished Raymond Chandler novel that Parker wrote the ending to, and I did like it, but Parker had actually written his dissertation at BU on Chandler, Hammett and Macdonald, so he knew the territory better than perhaps any other writer. I guess we'll just have to see how well this new fella can fill the old Grand Master's shoes. :)

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

We'll have to see how it works out.

I loved Spenser as it, we'll see if Ace can manage the same voice.

Marilyn