Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Report on my Blog Tour(s) for No Bells

Yes, being a glutton for punishment, I'm on two blog tours--my big one which began on April 3rd and won't be over until May 4. At the same time I'm participating with 7 other authors on the Spring Mystery We Write Tour.

This is what's happening on the big tour--some people forgot. Those are the ones who don't put the post up until the day I'm supposed to be there. It's much better if you use the schedule setting on Blogger putting in the day and time you want the post to appear. I have no idea how you do it on Word Press, but I'm sure there must be a way.

On some, it's difficult or there's no place to comment. Since the contest I'm running is the winner will be the person who commented on the most posts, not being able to comment is a problem.

I tried to pick blogger who didn't necessarily have the same followers as I do so that I'd get different exposure along the way. Except for the people who are really trying for the prize, I think that part is working.

One thing people have seemed to like is the fact that I've written different posts for each blog and in most cases, sent along a different photo of me.

Is it resulting in sales? I have no idea. At the moment I'm having trouble even accessing No Bells on Amazon. It looks fine on Barnes and Nobel.

On the other much shorter tour--8 days only--again the contest that each person is having depends upon people posting. One blog doesn't accept comments at all--and another is difficult. Some of them have the hardest captcha words to copy. On one I had to do it 5 times before I got it right. If you're going to participate in a blog tour, for goodness sake, be sure that your blog is user friendly.

You can go to my blog http://marilynmeredith.blogstop.com and read my guests' posts on the shorter tour and if you want to catch up with mine I have the stops listed.

Anyway, it's been interesting, and I've certainly learned a lot along the way.

Marilyn

4 comments:

WS Gager said...

Marilyn is so right. Blog tours are a lot of work but also can be very good to get the word out about your books. I did a blog tour last November/December with many in the same group and the exposure I received was very big and did show in sales. The key to a good tour is making sure you pick blogs with large following of readers, not just other writers, and in similar genres. A horror book won't do well on a cozy blog. Marilyn has many connections for her blog tours and reaches tons of people. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Wendy
W.S. Gager on Writing

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I tried hard to find blog who had different followers--but next time I'm going to check carefully to see how user friendly each blog is.

Beryl Reichenberg said...

I can see you put a lot of time in on your tour. I've never thought of doing one. Now I am inspired. Beryl

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Beryl, it's been fun--but to make it work you really have to spend a lot of time on it. I have two people commenting on everyone, both determined to win the prize.