Friday, June 22, 2012

HERE'S OUR CHANCE TO SHINE!

Sunny here. Kathleen Kaska is making a huge effort to give attention to small and independent presses in her "Small Press Fridays" blog. I just published my piece called "WHAT DO YOU BRING TO THE TABLE?" about the necessity of authors to take a hand in their marketing. I hope you not only go over and comment, but that you also kindly ask Kathleen for your own blog date. She told me privately that she's been hearing lots of great things about Oak Tree and is curious about us. Billie has signed up for a blog date before she's off to the Public Safety Writers' Conference. This is such a huge opportunity for us to make a case for the direction we have all decided to take with our careers. http://kathleenkaskawrites.blogspot.com/2012/06/small-press-friday-end-is-just.html

6 comments:

Billie Johnson said...

I agree! It's a great opportunity to call out the features of indie life...hope I can keep my post to the 300 word limit!

Also, I am pulling rank on Sunny here and adding the cover of her first book...one of my favs. I love the backside too...don't you?

Billie

Sunny Frazier said...

Well, THAT was a surprise! When I opened up our blog and my cover hit my eyes, it took me off-guard. Yes, I love the cover and the back is awesome as well. I'm a very lucky woman with a very caring publisher (mutual admiration society here!).

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I was the very first person to be on Kathleen's blog about small presses--mention OTP blog favorably, of course.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

What I should have said when I was on Kathleen's blog I mentioned OTP favorably.

Sally Carpenter said...

I'm scheduled for Kathleen's "Trivia Tuesdays" blog on August 7. I'll be confounding readers with Columbo trivia, so start rewatching those shows. And I'll be doing a book giveaway too.
Sally Carpenter

Anonymous said...

nice posting.. thanks for sharing.