Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Promoting On Line

Billie Johnson (OTP Publisher) decided to republish two older books in the Rocky Bluff P.D. series, Fringe Benefits and Smell of Death. These two book were originally published by a good publisher but after she published these two books, she decided publishing was not the business for her.

I had the books I'd purchased, and I'd soon sold them all. Needless to say, I was delighted to hear that Billie wanted to publish them again. They are now available in the usual places. I've ordered copies of both since I have several in-person events coming up.

And today, while waiting for the time I'm supposed to be somewhere, I've been busy promoting both books on line. I wrote blogs about them for Make Mine Mystery and The Stiletto Gang which will appear the same day this one does. And I've put the covers on Pinterest and mentioned them on Facebook and Twitter.

These books are number 3 and 4 in the series. One and 2 are still to come.

Fringe Benefits is primarily about a very bad cop, one who takes advantage of being a police officer. Officer Gordon Butler is introduced in this book.

Smell of Death is about two murders and the disappearance of a child. Detective Doug Milligan recruits Officer Stacey Milligan to help with the investigation of all three incidents.

When I wrote the first book in this series, it was intended to be a stand alone. Because I became so interested in the characters I wanted to find out what happened to them next--and the only way to do that was write another book. Though the many of the same characters appear from one book to the next, each major plot is complete and the mystery solved.

I hope that those who have enjoyed the later books in the series will go back and try these.

Marilyn or F. M. Meredith, the name I used for writing this series.

3 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Actually the other blogs won't appear until next Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Marilyn and Oak Tree. This seems like the perfect fit for good writing and good publishing. It's sad to great books go out of print. I'm glad yours won't.

--John Brantingham author of the forthcoming Mann of War.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

hi, John, thanks. I am really happy with Oak Tree.