Friday, June 1, 2012

Talking About Awards

Sunny here. Now is the time to start thinking of entering your novel in the Left Coast Crime awards. They are doing The Watson this year, award for best sidekick in a mystery. Also, any mystery set in the area of next year's LCC, which is Colorado Springs. If you attended the Sacramento conference, you can nominate a book published this year. Nominations open in Jan. 2013 and run a month. Billie and I both attended and we can nominate as well. Plus, you can nominate anyone you know outside OTP writing about Colorado. And then there's the Eppies. This is for electronic books published from June 2013 to May, 2013. Nominations are open from June 1 to July 15, 2013. You can nominate yourself and Billie can also nominate you. Let's win some awards and get them on your book covers!

1 comment:

Shalanna said...

Okay, Sunny, I'm game. One reason I wanted to publish with OTP is that I know so many books have won awards. But if I didn't attend the Lefty conference, apparently I can't nominate my own book . . . is that right? There's got to be a workaround for that. I guess I'd better wait until I have a firm release date, too. But I'm always watching and thinking.

It's worthwhile to enter any type of contest, I think. There's always a winner and a list of nominees, and you can't win if you don't play (as they say in the lottery business). I didn't enter this year, but generally I enter the Robert Benchley Society essay contest, and I have placed second and fourth. They have an awards convention and you meet some neat people who will remember you write books. It's this sort of event that can make more people aware of you and your books! (But you know that. I'm talking to other blog readers who should investigate all venues!)