Friday, July 6, 2012

Amost Time for the PSWA Conference!


Yep, it's coming soon--the reception is less than a week away.

I've gathered a lot of what I need together--a bit more than most who are going because I'm the Program Chair--but not nearly as much as I used to bring because I've farmed out some of my jobs.

This is a most exciting time for me. I love this conference. There are so many exciting people who attend, people in all areas of law enforcement and other mystery writers like me--and also Billie Johnson, the OTP publisher. In fact, this is where I met Billie the first time.

Believe it or not, I sell more books at this conference than any other--because I have some fans who come and are looking for my latest books. No, I don't sell lots of books, few do, but more than the none at some conferences.

I've made some wonderful friends at PSWA--friends I couldn't possibly have met any other place.

I plan on blogging about the conference while I'm there. Start checking my blog around Thursday.


http://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com/



Isn't this cool? Has my all my Rocky Bluff P.D. covers on there.

Marilyn

3 comments:

Billie Johnson said...

Marilyn...I am excited too. I go to 4-5 conferences each year, yet PSWA remains my favorite. I think this is my 6th or 7th straight year. And since so many PSWA members are also OTP authors, this is like a meet-up for us. So, I am packing, working on my presentation and splainin' to Frida that she will just LOVE Club Med for Cats.

I'm excited! Can't wait!

Billie

Monti said...

I'm really sorry I won't be there to meet some of the new people. The lawsuit against the Town, for which I was called as a witness member of the West Point Planning Commission during the conference, has now been settled out of court.

Enjoy the conference.

Monti

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Looking forward to kibitzing with you again, Billie and the other OTP authors. Love all the folks who come, it's a great con.

Sorry we won't see you this year, Monti, but you always have exciting things going on.