Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Catalogue of Books for Young Children

I'm in the process of producing a catalogue of my books for young children. Because I've written and published over 35 titles, three with Oak Tree and the rest with Blurb.com, I decided it was time to print a catalogue of my books. I include a picture of the cover and then a short description, where each can be ordered and a short bio. I plan to give the catalogue to those outlets that are selling my books and have a few available for my book signings and other events. (I have one coming up on Saturday, July 14 at Whiz Kids Story Store in San Luis Obispo.) Hopefully this will generate more interest in my books and help with marketing. I'll send you a copy, Billie, when it is finished.

Oh, I've also developed a "logo" a drawing of Rocky Raccoon, one of my favorite story characters  (See above).  I've put him on all my material, including a banner for signings, my new business cards, bookmarks, etc. Beryl

7 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Great idea--and I love the raccoon!

Marilyn

Beryl Reichenberg said...

Thanks Marilyn, I thought he was cute too: just the thing for the young at heart (like us). Beryl

Sally Carpenter said...

Is this the same Rocky Raccoon as in the Beatles song? That song is an important clue in my book.

Beryl Reichenberg said...

Actually Sally, I have to confess, I don't know the Beatles song. Maybe you can enlighten me. I chose the name because of how it sounded. I use raccoons in my stories a lot because I find them interesting animals - part bandit, part fun, brave and inquisitive. Rocky (or Rikky, depending on the story) has all of these qualities and more. I use other animals in a similar way in my stories as children relate to story animals as if they were human, with human qualities.

Sally Carpenter said...

Lennon/MCartney wrote a song called "Rocky Raccoon" for the double disk "The Beatles" album (commonly called the "white album" because the cover's all white). In the song, Rocky is man, not an animal. I thought it was an interesting coincidence you picked the same name. Your raccoon drawing is really cute.

Lesley Diehl said...

Cute drawing! Much more appealing than the guy in the song.

Beryl Reichenberg said...

I guess I'll have to listen to the song or change the Raccoon's name or both. Maybe Robbie Raccoon would be better?? Beryl