Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Brochures

How many of you have produced brochures for their books and are they effective?  I thinking of producing a brochure or actually two: one for my Oak Tree Books and one for the Blurb books I've self-published. It seems like a simple process. I've already produced a catalogue, but that is too expensive to give out to just anyone. May online companies have software that is fairly easy to use.  So I thought a brochure might do the trick; that is, provide potential buyers with a list and brief description of my books and where to order them.  Any thoughts or advice? Beryl

4 comments:

Kit Sloane said...

I always do an email friendly flyer on my MacBook. It's fun to do. You can change it when new stuff comes up. It's easy to send (though I'm extremely careful who I send it too. Don't want to "SPAM" anyone accidentally.) It's colorful and informative and doesn't cost anything except time. I include the cover, reviews, a short synopsis and where to buy.

It's DIY, Apple-style, and I always get lots of nice comments.

Kit
www.kitsloane.net

Beryl Reichenberg said...

Thanks Kit. A friendly flyers seems like the way to go for my email friends. I thought a brochure or printed flyer might work at signing and sale tables and for when I go to schools, something I plan on doing this fall. I do have a business card but wanted something that describes my OTP books. Beryl

Beryl Reichenberg said...

Thanks Kit. A friendly flyers seems like the way to go for my email friends. I thought a brochure or printed flyer might work at signing and sale tables and for when I go to schools, something I plan on doing this fall. I do have a business card but wanted something that describes my OTP books. Beryl

jelly andrews said...

I agree with Kit. We are now in the modern era and many individuals do have emails. It is really a good idea to use the internet for this purpose.