Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Best Laid Plans Often Get Interrupted

That's what's been happening to me lately.

On Thursday, I had a chapter to fix that my critique group reviewed. I also needed to visit the blog I was featured on on the blog tour I'm currently participating in. After that, I planned to visit the other 15 blogs on the tour and leave a comment on each one. (I eventually did do that.)

Besides the tour, I've been featured on other blogs here and there. I would have rather waited until the tour was over, but when someone offers to host me, I never turn them down no matter what.

My next plan was to work on the Rocky Bluff P.D. crime series that is named--Murder in the Worst Degree--this one is for 2014 but so far I'm only Chapter 2.

First interruption was great-grandson, Julius, who is only 15 months old, coming over with my son, his grandpa.
Here he's looking at pictures of dogs--he's seldom this quiet, but he loves "wow wows" as he calls them.

He always has lots to tell me, calls me a version of grandma, and lots of other words I haven't a clue what they are.

He can open doors, get into the refrigerator, etc.

Then I got a call from my youngest daughter with scary news. My eldest daughter's husband, Mike, had been in a bad accident. He was making a left turn, an 80 year old woman went through the light and hit him head on. Fortunately, he was in his truck and not his Scion. He had his big golden retriever with him. A dog who seldom barks or growls. The dog would not let rescue workers get near him. Despite the pain, he called his wife to come get the dog, which she did.

After MRI, CatScan and prayers from everywhere, it was determined he had broken ribs and a very badly broken knee. They sent him home that day to recuperate from the trauma--operation on knee will be in a few days. Archie, the dog, is okay but very sore. Both are on pain meds.

Of course this all resulted in many phone calls and emails and we learned more and more.

Early in the a.m. I'd put chili beans on to cook in the crock pot so didn't have to worry about dinner.

By mid afternoon things settled down a bit, and son took great grandson home. I decided I might as well decorate the house for Christmas--using only decorations that were unbreakable because I know the dynamo will return.

I finally finished editing the chapter. I never got around to writing.

After dinner I tried to get acquainted with my new iPad. Still have much to learn.

Oh, and here's one of the extra blogs I'm on. It's worthwhile to got to "more" if for nothing else to watch the perfect video she paired with the interview.



Julie Luek said...

Life first-- it will always insist. I'm so glad the accident wasn't more serious.

Beryl Reichenberg said...

Life happens! Sorry about the accident; how scary. But I loved the pictures of your 15 month grandchild. What a cutie! This is such an adorable age and being a grandparent wonderful and rewarding. Better luck on tomorrow's schedule. Beryl

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

There are so many in my family there is always something happening.

Julius is my great-grandson--one of many. I didn't do much better today, though I did get some research done for the book.

WS Gager said...

I remember you saying you were putting the beans on...maybe facebook. So sorry the day turned out to be full of stress. Glad it turned out all right. It seems I have those days much too often. I have great plans and they never work the way they are supposed to.
W.S. Gager on Writing

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

It seems things do manage to work out. Wendy, that's what I get for having 5 kids. They grew up and the kids just keep coming. (I love it though.)