Sunday, April 28, 2013

Do You Like Blog Hops?




For the last three years, I've participated in the A to Z Blog Challenge. It's basically the only one I do. This challenging event is for the entire month of April and requires a daily post, except for Sundays. This year's posts are about an entire range of things. I've read about recipes and menus, travel all over the place, writing a variety of book types and much more. Several bloggers decided to write a poem a day which I have enjoyed reading.

This experience has introduced me to a lot of people I would never have met otherwise. It has also brought many different people by to visit my blog.

"X-Ray Tetra" acrylic painting ©Mary Montague Sikes
In the past, I have written about travel destinations, a subject I especially enjoy. This year, I decided to create a Painting a Day--one for each letter of the alphabet. I've always wanted to try painting a new piece of art every day. I had no idea how difficult this would be, especially since I also had enrolled in an intense artist workshop from April 22-26 in Boone, North Carolina. I just finished that week-long activity which required a six-hour drive to and from the destination.

 I have two more paintings to make to complete the Challenge. I am delighted to have a new body of bright and cheerful work. It will inspire my writing.

(You can see all of the paintings at Notes Along the Way.)

Do you like blog hops? Which one do you participate in?

--Mary Montague Sikes




3 comments:

Julie Luek said...

Now this is an A-Z challenge I may have really enjoyed following. What a great idea. I participate in very few hops. Honestly, I find reading post after post about a designated subject boring. I found the A-Z to be cumbersome as a reader-- too many posts to even attempt reading. But I love the idea of a painting for each letter. Wonderful!

Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Julie. You're right about too many posts to attempt reading. However, if you start with the ones below you on the list and read as many as you can, that helps!

Beryl Reichenberg said...

I loved the painting and the idea of a "visual" post. Beryl