Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Edgar


This is Edgar, my 130 lb. runt of the litter Weimaraner.  This is his favorite place to be.  In fact, anything with a cushion will work.  A TV in front of it makes it even better, but here, he is offering moral support as I work (so long as it does not involve actual physical activity.)  If it weren't for thunderstorms and sonic booms from the air base, he'd never get over "plodding" speed.  He is a reminder to me that life doesn't have to happen at top speed... sometimes, "stop" is good!

3 comments:

Billie Johnson said...

Edgar looks like a Sweetie to me....how did he end up with the name Edgar...?

Billie

Billie Johnson said...

Edgar looks like a Sweetie to me....how did he end up with the name Edgar...?

Billie

Amy Bennett said...

I really don't know, Billie... I've often said that my characters tell me their names and "Edgar" pretty much suggested itself when I first saw him! Even my husband and son, who had their hearts set on "Rocky" or some other tough name took one look at him and said, "Yep... Edgar!"

Of course, he usually gets called just "Ed"!

One of my husband's German students said that "Edgar" is a German name and it fits a German dog!