Monday, March 3, 2014

Counting Down the Days


Of course I really can't actually count down the days for when Murder in the Worst Degree will come out, because I don't know when--just sometime in March.

But I've been planning for the birth for months now.

The first thing I worked on was setting up a blog tour for the month of April. Actually it will begin March 31. Blog tours are a lot of work, but I enjoy doing them. (I'll post the schedule as the time grows closer.)

Of course I had to come up with a blurb for Murder in the Worst Degree and this is it:

The body that washes up on the beach leads Detectives Milligan and Zachary on a murder investigation that includes the victim’s family members, his housekeeper, three long-time friends, and a mystery woman.

One of the most unusual facts about this book is I had the title first. It was suggested to me by a friend and when I started writing the book I had no idea how I would tie the title into the plot. In fact, I didn't really know until I got near the end.

Here's what I have planned so far: (Everything is in California except for PSWA conference.)

Handing out cards with the cover and information at Left Coast Crime. (Not sure the book will be available yet--and though I'm on a panel it's for a book in my other series.)

Saturday, April 6, 1-3 A booksigning with the Central Coast chapter of Sisters in Crime at the Coalesce Book store in Morro Bay. 

Monday, April 14, 10 a.m., A presentation at the Porterville Library, Porterville.

Saturday, April 19, Part of a panel on plotting, 9:30 to noon, Santa Maria Library,Santa Maria.

Saturday, May 17, 1-3, The book launch party at the Porterville Art Gallery, Porterville.

Saturday, June 28, 12-2 Joining the SJ Sisters in Crime at the Lompoc Library, Lompoc.

July 10-13, Public Safety Writers Association Conference, Las Vegas, NV.

Friday and Saurday, November 7 and 8, Porterville Art Association's Holiday Boutique, Porterville Art Gallery

November 13-16, Bouchercon, Long Beach.

And yes, there are still some gaps that I hope to fill.

Of course I'll be busy online with Facebook and Twitter and other places.

Can you tell I'm getting anxious for this birth?

Marilyn aka F. M. Meredith 

2 comments:

Eileen Obser said...

Very useful post for me right now, Marilyn, since my memoir will be released shortly (and I'm not sure exactly when, either). I have plans, but not definite dates like you do. I'd better go ahead and book these events. Good luck with the new book!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Eileen, I tried to make thing late enough that I'd be sure to have books.