Thursday, October 9, 2014

Newsletter for my Children's Books

Recently, I've started to send out a monthly newsletter to my email list, sales venues and others who have expressed an interest in my children's books. The initial question was what to say and how to format it so that it would be readable, colorful and easily scanned for vital information. I wanted to announce events, new books and include additional blurbs that might be of interest to my readers and their parents.

It occurred to me that such a newsletter would be different from the usual ones that might be written by authors of adult books in that busy parents have limited time to read long articles. They also might share my newsletter with their kids, so it needed to be colorful and appealing to children. So how do I present "just the facts" in an inviting way with plenty of images and color?

This project is very much a work in process as I explore what is effective. Now with my third edition, I thought I'd share it with you for your feedback and suggestions. Attached is the October issue for your comments. Thanking you in advance, Beryl

2 comments:

Beryl Reichenberg said...

Sorry. It looks like the whole newsletter didn't make it into the window, but you get the idea. Thoughts??Beryl

Carolyn Niethammer said...

Very cute ideas.