Friday, December 26, 2014

Scruffy, the Feral Cat

Scruffy ©Mary Montague Sikes
Not sure how we are supposed to post, but this is Scruffy, the feral cat I feed when we are home. Scruffy is truly feral and runs from me. However, this kitty likes to sit on our deck railing close to the house. I started feeding it the day a few months ago when it showed up on our deck with a bloody chest and looking as if it would die very soon. Scruffy has since recovered and is looking much better. Since this cat runs from me, I used my telephoto capability to take this picture!

5 comments:

Sharon Arthur Moore said...

Beautiful cat, Mary. Is there anyway to trap Scruffy so he/she can be neutered/spayed then released back to the wild? You have a kind heart to take on the feeding.

Mary Montague Sikes said...

They have a trap and spay program in our town. I don't know if they have gotten this cat because I can't tell if it's ear is clipped. Thanks!

Sharon Arthur Moore said...

That's great, Mary. Those programs are so important for the animal and human populations.

Billie Johnson said...

Scruffy looks charming!!

Mary Montague Sikes said...

I wouldn't know, Billie, because it scurries away so fast. I like watching him sit on the deck railing though. Scruffy jumps off in a flash when I open the door!