Monday, March 30, 2015

Marketing and Delightful Moments


The long road of marketing does have some delightful moments. Today I received a thank you note from Los Ranchos Elementary School Library, where I read one of my books to a second grade class.  Included was a photo of the event and a note from the school librarian. It was signed by all the kids.

I’m not sure who had the most fun or learned the most from this experience: me or the second graders. I read my book “Hopping to the Moon” and was amazed with how much they knew about the Moon, gravity and outer space in general. We talked about what to expect on the Moon, how they might write their own story about going there and how other animals (kangaroos) might visit. We had a lively discussion.

Most of the children were there to check out books, but a few came by the table where I had my books piled. I was interested to see what stories the kids chose. Was it based on the subject matter (butterflies) or the covers?  One little boy was so enthusiastic about “Camouflage” when he found that he could find all the animals hiding in the wild, he wanted to show the whole class. I ended up donating that book and two others to the school. As I left, I gave each child my brochure.  Hopefully they took my brochures home, and I’ll be asked to return to the school for another event.

2 comments:

Billie Johnson said...

Excellent post, Beryl. Thanks for sharing!

Beryl Reichenberg said...

Thank you, Billie, for being there for us all. Beryl