Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Kids, Kids Every Where

Children’s Day in the Plaza in San Luis Obispo was a success Saturday with moms and dads and grandparents and of course kids enjoying the sun and the fun. I was at the Whiz Kids Toy Store booth making bookmarks with the kids. They liked the bright colored paper, punches, pens and markers as they made their bookmarks and decorated them. 

I had my usual display of my own children’s books and one little girl recognized a book that she had, Butterfly Girls. She even remembered me coming to her school to read one of my other books, Hopping to the Moon. I collected some email addresses for my monthly newsletter to let parents know when I am conducting more paper craft and bookmaking classes for kids. I wasn’t allowed to sell my books, but passed out brochures and hopefully some of those who took them will make their way to Whiz Kids or one of my other sales outlets and buy my picture books.


Whiz Kids Toy Store gave away gifts and had word puzzles for the kids. I was pleased to be sharing their booth. Children’s Day is a yearly event,  sponsored by two local art groups, Passport to the Arts and the Arts Council. As I walked around, I saw kids and families ever where making art and enjoying themselves. There were  puzzle booths, lego booths, and painting booths. I saw booths for making butterflies, booths for face painting (always a favorite with kids) and booths playing music. I enjoyed being a part of this creative and energetic scene.

3 comments:

Nancy LiPetri said...

Sounds like a fun success. Great bookmarks!

Sharon Arthur Moore said...

You always describe the most fun events, Beryl! I am eager to meet, in real life, such a fun person.

Beryl Reichenberg said...

Thanks Nancy and Sharon for your kind comments. Many of the activities I describe work with adults as well as children. But of course it is always fun to work with young kids. They are so real and willing to jump into any activity. Beryl